Skip to main content

5 Alternative Shortcut Ways Minimize Your Excel Workbook, Read It Now! | ExcelTip2Day

Do you use Microsoft Excel?

If yes, stay with me—I’ll show you how to manage your Excel workbook effortlessly.

Hello, I’m Michael Leng. Today, I’m excited to share five ways to minimize an Excel workbook to an icon.

Tip Quiz

What to do if your monitor screen upside down?

These methods apply to Excel 2013 (the version I use) and are for Windows operating systems.

I’ve discovered and tested five different techniques, which I’ll explain below.


5 methods minimize Excel workbook.

⟴ Use shortcut keys "Ctrl" and "F9"

⟴ Use shortcut keys "ALT",  "Spacebar" and "F9"

⟴ Click on the "Minimize workbook" square box.

⟴ Clicking on the "Minimize" command in the "Quick Access Toolbar"

⟴ Use shortcut keys "Window Logo" and "M"

To make you more ease seeing all the four pictures clearly, I have made the construction of all the methods for you to follow any of them below.



👉 1st method: 

Use shortcut keys "Ctrl" and "F9" together.


Windows shortcut 

CtrlF9



👉 2nd method: 

Use shortcut keys "ALT", "Spacebar" and "N" together.


Windows shortcut 

ALTSpace barN


👉 3rd method: 

Click on the little square box as shown in the figure immediately below.

how to handle excel: minimize workbook




👉 4th method: 

Click on the "Minimize" command in the "Quick Access Toolbar" at the top left of the workbook as shown in the figure immediately below.

exceltip2day: 5 alternative shortcut workbook fold




👉 5th method: 

Use shortcut keys the "Window logo key" button and "M" letter key


Windows shortcut 
M

Do you know?

 a. Pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow.
 b. Pressing the Ctrl + Al + Down Arrow.
 c. No, I have never heard of this issue before.

Source Shortcut Keys How To Fixing Monitor Screen Accidentally 'Upside Down'
Link recommended 👉: To Redo Last Action (Multiple Levels) Excel Shortcut Key.
Link recommended 👉: [Solved] "Turn Off" / "Turn On" Scroll Lock Excel Tip To Lock and Unlock On Keyboard

I really hope today's post helps you work with Excel more efficiently. Excel has a ton of useful functions, but many users aren’t aware of them.

For example, in my post, I shared five tips on minimizing an Excel workbook from full screen to an icon.

Not everyone knows all five methods—most people only use one or two. Even if someone is familiar with these five techniques, they might not recognize or use every one of them.

I’m the same way—I usually stick to the method I find easiest. However, I love learning new things, and whenever I discover something useful, I make sure to share it.

That’s why I’ve posted this guide: "5 Alternative Shortcut Ways to Minimize Your Excel Workbook"—so you can benefit from these tips too!

If you want to become a smarter Excel user, stay connected with our blog, ExcelTip2Day. We’ll keep searching for shortcuts, tips, tricks, and anything Excel-related that can help you—and share them here!

Thanks for spending time with us.

Bye,
Posted by: Michael Leng



I've known, then I've grown.
See more articles:

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for everything.You know, I have been using for years. But I've never know that there are several ways to minimize Excel workbook. I usually use the only method; to click on the small square box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should you do it with any clip as well ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Solved] Turn Off / Turn On Scroll Lock Excel Tip To Lock and Unlock On Keyboard | Exceltip2day Blog

Hello friends. I'm Michael. Welcome everyone to in my blog "Exceltip2day" ,  The tip for today is: " How to unlock the Scroll Lock" Tip Quiz Do you know what is the shortcut key(s) to Redo Last Action (Multiple Levels) in an Excel spreadsheet? Check the way [Turn Off] / [Turn On] - Scroll Lock down here. Excel worksheet, you may touch it accidentally a [Scroll Lock] button. This would lock cursor stuck on the current cell. To undo it, do one of the following: i] Press the Scroll Lock / ScrLk key on your keyboard. Alternatively, if some keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, such as Notebook, Tablet and some other kind of PC. Just follow the step by step. ii] (Window 7) Go to -Start, -All Programs, -Accessories, -Ease of Access, -Then, just click on the " On-Screen Keyboard " line. When the "On-Screen Keyboard" appears on your screen, click the ScrLK  button as shown on ( In red round rectangle ) the image be...

Page Down Excel Keyboard Key Button For Moving Down Page Screen One By One | Exceltip2day

Hello there. I'm Michael, welcome you to my blog. Today I'm going to talk about: The 2 ways of moving Excel's screen down. My article consists of how to move the screen of the current spreadsheet you are working on it with the keyboard. Instead of using a scroll down with a mouse, using the button "PAGE DOWN"  keyboard seems more comfortable way. Tab:  Learn Pure Thai FB Tab:  E n  Numbers In Words By the way, you can choose which one is fit for you. Ctrl+0(Zero) Excel Shortcut Key To Hide The Selected Column | ExcelTip2Day Tip Quiz What is the shortcut to close your an Excel workbook instantly? Let's come to the point. Just in case wanting to move the active Excel spreadsheet goes down the page by page. There are two ways to manage it. 👉  1st method:  Using the scroll wheel On your mouse to scroll the worksheet up and down. To roll back or roll into users, the page will move up. On the other hand, to...