Skip to main content

Ctrl+S Excel Shortcut Save Current File Name, File Format And Folder | Exceltip2day


Hello there.

I'm Michael Leng. Today, in my blog "Exceltip2day", I'm going to talk about the Excel shortcut keys:

Ctrl+S



Tip Quiz


What is the shortcut to select all active cells with the comment(s)?

You know that in Excel we can save the active file with its latest updated current file name, location(folder), and file format by using the two-letter keys on a keyboard.


Actually, I think, we should not say to ‘Save’. I would rather say to ‘Re-Save’ instead. Because this shortcut function is to re-save the Excel file that, you have been created it and then you just want to update some data entry. Instead, you have to click on the “Save” icon you can use the shortcut key as given below.

Here is shortcut the step by step to save (re-save):
  • Press the [Ctrl] button on your keyboard
  • Press the [S] button
  • Release your hand form both buttons.
This shortcut is beneficial for saving the Excel file very easy. PC mouse is not necessary for this tip.

Notify:

Before using this shortcut, please make sure the current workload in the spreadsheet is a final for the sake. Because you cannot restore to the earlier data. It means the ‘Undo’ button cannot activate to recover the previous data.

What is the common way to save if I do not want to use the shortcut?

[In Excel Version 2010], move the cursor to the "FILE" tab at the top left of the worksheet corner and click. You will see the ‘SAVE’ button immediate underneath the ‘FILE’ tab.


Shortcut for: To save an Excel file for the latest updating.

Windows shortcut


CtrlS

These shortcut key buttons will promptly save the latest updated current file name, location, and file format.

The worksheet will be saved immediately.

This tip is a shortcut of "SAVE" function under the 'FILE' tab in the toolbar ribbon (Excel 2010).

Did you find this article useful?


Tip Answer

 a. It's ctrl+shift+o.

 b. It's ctrl+shift+v.

 c. It's ctrl+shift+x.


Link recommended👉 : Shortcut Keys How To Fixing Monitor Screen Accidentally 'Upside Down'

Link recommended👉 : English Numbers In Words 1 to 1000000

Before I am about to say goodbye to you, I hope that what I have posted and shared with you today. They will be beneficial for you, your company, and any relevant.

If you love it, I will be happy. If you share this with your friends, I will be shiny.

I hope to receive any feedback from you guys. Because they will be such treasures--any error in this blog--for future improvement.

Thanks for reading.

Bye,

Posted by: Michael Leng



I've known, then I've grown.
See more articles:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Alternative Shortcut Ways Minimize Your Excel Workbook, Read It Now! | ExcelTip2Day

Do you use Microsoft Excel? If yes, stay with me—I’ll show you how to manage your Excel workbook effortlessly. Hello, I’m Michael Leng. Today, I’m excited to share  five ways to minimize an Excel workbook to an icon . Tip Quiz What to do if your monitor screen upside down? These methods apply to   Excel 2013   (the version I use) and are for   Windows   operating systems. I’ve discovered and tested  five different techniques , which I’ll explain below. 5 methods minimize Excel workbook. ⟴ Use shortcut keys  "Ctrl" and "F9" ⟴   Use shortcut keys  " ALT",  "Spacebar" and "F9" ⟴   Click on the "Minimize workbook" square box. ⟴   Clicking on the "Minimize" command in the "Quick Access Toolbar" ⟴   Use shortcut keys "Window Logo" and "M" To make you more ease seeing all the four pictures clearly, I have made the construction of all the methods for you to follow any of...

[Solved] Turn Off / Turn On Scroll Lock Excel Tip To Lock and Unlock On Keyboard | Exceltip2day Blog

Hello friends. I'm Michael. Welcome everyone to in my blog "Exceltip2day" ,  The tip for today is: " How to unlock the Scroll Lock" Tip Quiz Do you know what is the shortcut key(s) to Redo Last Action (Multiple Levels) in an Excel spreadsheet? Check the way [Turn Off] / [Turn On] - Scroll Lock down here. Excel worksheet, you may touch it accidentally a [Scroll Lock] button. This would lock cursor stuck on the current cell. To undo it, do one of the following: i] Press the Scroll Lock / ScrLk key on your keyboard. Alternatively, if some keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, such as Notebook, Tablet and some other kind of PC. Just follow the step by step. ii] (Window 7) Go to -Start, -All Programs, -Accessories, -Ease of Access, -Then, just click on the " On-Screen Keyboard " line. When the "On-Screen Keyboard" appears on your screen, click the ScrLK  button as shown on ( In red round rectangle ) the image be...

Page Down Excel Keyboard Key Button For Moving Down Page Screen One By One | Exceltip2day

Hello there. I'm Michael, welcome you to my blog. Today I'm going to talk about: The 2 ways of moving Excel's screen down. My article consists of how to move the screen of the current spreadsheet you are working on it with the keyboard. Instead of using a scroll down with a mouse, using the button "PAGE DOWN"  keyboard seems more comfortable way. Tab:  Learn Pure Thai FB Tab:  E n  Numbers In Words By the way, you can choose which one is fit for you. Ctrl+0(Zero) Excel Shortcut Key To Hide The Selected Column | ExcelTip2Day Tip Quiz What is the shortcut to close your an Excel workbook instantly? Let's come to the point. Just in case wanting to move the active Excel spreadsheet goes down the page by page. There are two ways to manage it. 👉  1st method:  Using the scroll wheel On your mouse to scroll the worksheet up and down. To roll back or roll into users, the page will move up. On the other hand, to...