Skip to main content

Alt+F11 Excel Shortcut To Open Visual Basic Editor To Create Macro | ExcelTip2Day

Hello everyone.

I'm Michael. Welcome you all to my blog "Exceltip2day". I'm going to talk about what and how to use an Excel shortcut key as this highlight as follows:

"ALT" + "F11" keyboard shortcut to open a visual basic editor.


Tip Quiz

What is the shortcut to reverse the screen upside down?


Do you use Excel for your daily work?

I'm Michael Leng, I work for a company in Thailand. In my working office, we usually use Excel to handle our tasks.

Therefore, I would like to share with you all through my blog the simple tips about Excel.

In Excel Version 2010, There are, as far as I know, 2 ways to display the "Visual Basic Editor" box for the next proceeding the task in Excel program.

The first choice is recommended. Because it is very quick and easy. The shortcut is as follows:
  • Press the "Alt" button and keep hold it down
  • Then also press the "F11" together at the same time

Keyboard shortcut:  To open the Visual Basic Editor to create Macros.
bb

Windows shortcut 



ALTF11

Then, the "VBA" box is going to come out instantly as the image is shown below.


Shortcut key to call out a Visual Basic Editor using for creating macro in an Excel spreadsheet
The figure shows the "VBA" box

Secondly, pertaining to the "VBA" is commonly located within the "Developer" ribbon tab.

Moreover, the Developer tab does design for displaying for instantly use.

Hence, we have to bring it out first-then we would see the "VBA" for application later on.

Find on the "How To" below:

  • Seek the File tab on the left of Excel Workbook, there, choose the "Options" beneath the "Help"
  • Once the Options dialog box is shown, clicking "Customize Ribbon" on the left side of the dialog box which is under the "Advance", but upper the "Quick Access Toolbar".
  • Selecting the "Popular Commands" under the "Choose Commands From" which is on the left of the dialog box.
  • Under the "Customize The Ribbon" on the top far right side of the dialog box, select the "Main Tabs", then selecting the "Developer" checkbox which it is in a large square box.
  • Clicking the "OK" button at the down below right side of the "Main Tabs" box.
  • Then the "Developer Tab" will display on the ribbon that it usually locates next to the "View" ribbon.

That's all the both Excel operations for Pop Out the Visual Basic Editor for Application.

At this stage, besides the "VBA" you can also just select the Macros, Record Macro, Macro Security,... Buttons on the tab.

So, now you know how to access the VBA(Visual basic editor) already. As I have shared with you the ways how to reach it as above.

I really hope that this my today's article about fixing and performing an Excel office by yourself would help rescue you from any trouble in Excel more or less.

This weblog is designed by the writer in order to help you, the Excel office user, to know how to solve and or operate it in your home.

Why do I build this blog- “ExcelTip2Day-Shortcut, Trick, and Solving Methods”?

As far as you may know, nowadays the Excel office, the one out of the several programs, which is commonly accompanied by the Microsoft window, is extremely useful for most working offices across the world.

Many years ago, when I have been just the newcomer staff joining the international company. They gave me the PC with some basic Microsoft office programs besides the warehouse management system.

At that time, I was not only the newbie for this the company, the apparel business type but also the PC and all related programs in it.

In the meantime, my boss was French. He is a very good guy. He taught me how to of the program work, particularly the Excel office.

I thank and appreciate him a lot since he sympathizes with me.

That’s why, after I have learned more and more about Excel, it’s time for me to forward a little knowledge for you and or anyone who is interested or facing any obstacle in the Excel office.

That's the end of my posting for today.

Tip: Answer

 a. It's Ctrl + Alt+ Up Arrow.

 b. It's Ctrl + Up Arrow.

 c. It's Alt + Up Arrow.


Link recommendedπŸ‘‰ : To Redo Last Action (Multiple Levels) Excel Shortcut Key.
Link recommendedπŸ‘‰ : English Numbers In Words 1 to 1000000

Don't forget to follow me and please leave any comments, thus, I could use them for my future articles improvement.

That's the end of my posting for today, don't forget to follow me and please leave me any comments, thus, I could use them for my future articles improvement.

See you again in my future article,

Thanks for reading.

Bye,

Posted by: Michael Leng



I've known, then I've grown.

See more articles:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Alternative Shortcut Ways Minimize Your Excel Workbook, Read It Now! | ExcelTip2Day

"How to Minimize Your Excel Workbook For Window?" Do you use an Excel office program?  If yes, stick around with me. I will show you how to operate your Excel worksheet easily. Hello, I'm Michael Leng. Today I'm very glad to show how to minimize an Excel workbook to an icon. Tip Quiz What to do if your monitor screen upside down? This applies to use for the Excel version 2013, due to I have been using it. And also these methods are for Window program operation. The methods that I have discovered and used, there are 5 ways. 5 methods minimize Excel workbook. ⟴ Use shortcut keys  "Ctrl" and "F9" ⟴   Use shortcut keys  " ALT",  "Spacebar" and "F9" ⟴   Click on the "Minimize workbook" square box. ⟴   Clicking on the "Minimize" command in the "Quick Access Toolbar" ⟴   Use shortcut keys "Window Logo" and "M" To make you more ease seein

Excel Trick Press A Couple Of [Arrow Key] Move One Cell Diagonally | Excetip2day

Hello there. I'm Michael, today, in my blog "Exceltip2day" , I'm going to talk about: The trick of how to move from a cell diagonally to another by using a shortcut key Tip Quiz Do you know what is the shortcut of deleting Cell(s) in Excel Worksheet? How do you move one cell diagonally by using shortcut key? Suppose the cell pointer is in the [ F10 ] active cell. We want to move to G9, H8, I7, etc. diagonally for an example. I have the trick to get the task done moving diagonally one cell to the adjacent cell that you can follow the 4 moving ways as the step below: Look at the image immidiately above, then to just press the bottoms below at the same time for the thick no. 1 to no. 4.  πŸ‘‰   Trick no. 1 To move one cell pointer diagonally from F10 to G9 Up Arrow Right Arrow πŸ‘‰   Trick no. 2 To move one cell pointer diagonally from F10 to G12 Down Arrow Right Arrow πŸ‘‰   Trick no. 3 To move one cell pointer diagonally from F10 to E9 Up Arrow Le

Page Down Excel Keyboard Key Button For Moving Down Page Screen One By One | Exceltip2day

Hello there. I'm Michael, welcome you to my blog. Today I'm going to talk about: The 2 ways of moving Excel's screen down. My article consists of how to move the screen of the current spreadsheet you are working on it with the keyboard. Instead of using a scroll down with a mouse, using the button "PAGE DOWN"  keyboard seems more comfortable way. Tab:  Learn Pure Thai FB Tab:  E n  Numbers In Words By the way, you can choose which one is fit for you. Ctrl+0(Zero) Excel Shortcut Key To Hide The Selected Column | ExcelTip2Day Tip Quiz What is the shortcut to close your an Excel workbook instantly? Let's come to the point. Just in case wanting to move the active Excel spreadsheet goes down the page by page. There are two ways to manage it. πŸ‘‰  1st method:  Using the scroll wheel On your mouse to scroll the worksheet up and down. To roll back or roll into users, the page will move up. On the other hand, to move the Excel worksheet or to m